hiddenbehindthepages

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

hiddenbehindthepages
hiddenbehindthepages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything and anything can be written here...Want to be a Wizard? Or be Part of House of Night? Then visit The Sorting Hat and Get Marked!

TB
Latest topics
» Corrupt A Wish
Gift of death, penance of life  (KressiexRhea) EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 7:23 pm by Ageless Vampire

» Please Follow These Instructions For Getting Sorted!
Gift of death, penance of life  (KressiexRhea) EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 7:07 pm by Mrs.KreszentiaBlack

» August 1st 2017 Short Story Contest Genre: Anything
Gift of death, penance of life  (KressiexRhea) EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 5:03 pm by Mrs.KreszentiaBlack

» (x) Time Travellers (x) Courtney x Kressie
Gift of death, penance of life  (KressiexRhea) EmptyThu May 12, 2016 3:20 am by courtney

» After the Happily Ever After(Kressie and courtney)
Gift of death, penance of life  (KressiexRhea) EmptyThu May 12, 2016 3:18 am by courtney

» Hell City 1 on 1 rp.
Gift of death, penance of life  (KressiexRhea) EmptyWed May 11, 2016 2:41 pm by courtney

» Ghost Lover[X]
Gift of death, penance of life  (KressiexRhea) EmptyWed May 11, 2016 2:38 pm by courtney

» Hey Everyone. Ready to get sorted?!?!
Gift of death, penance of life  (KressiexRhea) EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 2:03 pm by Silvonch

» Romantic Moments
Gift of death, penance of life  (KressiexRhea) EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 12:01 pm by Mrs.KreszentiaBlack

Poll
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gift of death, penance of life (KressiexRhea)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

The Forests of Mirkwood were heavy today with fog. It perfectly hid the rangers that patrolled with their prince. Their lord and King had gotten reports of goblins and Orcs being about, killing travelers that tried to pass through the woods to reach the lands of men. The main scout and herald looked to his lord and arched a brow." Sir look." He pointed for Legolas, there strewn upon the forest ground were the bodies of Goblins. They had not a mark on them but Legolas saw a ward marked upon the stone in Elvin, Common, and black speech in warning to those who crossed it. Listen and take heed to all that enter here for it is here I fell in battle to the Dark Lord Sauron and it is here that I will judge you, those found wanting will slumber the sleepless sleep of death for I will guard the light It was signed by the name of Faesil and Herald in the first age. A Maia who favored the Elves before the kingdoms of the Elves were settled and Established. There the mist did not cross over and showed the statue of the Herald over a tomb mound. She was tall, taller than any elf or man. Wearing the armor of the Valar she had served in the Grey Havens.
Wearing the garments akin to an elvin lord. No helm but a circlet forged by the dwarves. Looking to the west. Hair very long with ears so sharp. So lifelike. A few of his companions dared not get closer, Faesil was known well in the tales of old for being the spirit of power and vengeance, a true embodiment of War and a Master swordsman as well as blacksmith. An Elf had saved her long ago from the prisons of Sauron and for that she had fought in the great war of the one ring and protected the elves until she had been slain, pierced by arrows, spears and the sword of Sauron himself. Two of his companions pulled his arms and moved him back behind the tree making a gesture of quiet. Goblins had entered the courtyard stepping past the ward.
Yet stopped looking around at the dead. Legolas saw it then the elvin runes upon her shield etched across its surface. They didn't see it or that the statue's head moved just slightly looking at the intruders. Or so the light made it seem. Sounds of twigs breaking made the party move and with weapons drawn. Something moved under Legolas hand that when he lifted it he saw only vine but it was moving, all the vines were. The hanging vines by a goblin got closed flowers. Then fell around him ensnaring him with a screeching outcry. But too late the Goblins turned on him only to get attacked by the vines and two swallowed by the trees that broke them. Killing the enemy. A root path gave under Legolas and another elf they fell and tumbled into the glen. Two goblins roared at him and came at him. Axes drawn but vines went up around legolas caressing against the Elvin Prince before arching and tugging him to the statue with the other elf. The statue did move and the arm moved around them slamming the shield down in front of them the arrows did nothing to harm them.
Stone cracked as it lifted the stone sword from the earth and impaled an orc and vines pierced and strangled other Goblins. The Statue moved into its original position and let him and the other elf Fallas go. Looking back to the west.

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack
Captain
Captain

After all that had just happened I went on my way home. I thanked the statue for keeping us safe and for not letting us down. I remembered hearing stories of that war. How she protected all the elves until she got killed by the lord. I hoped that she would continue to protect us no matter what happened. This was just non-sense. I didn't understand why once again he was killing our people and wanting us all dead. I thought that everything was solved with the last war. This was just making no sense. I had to find some answers. I looked back at my men. "I think we should go and talk to our lord and see what he has to say about all this. It is bringing me great greif to see our men dying yet again because of a stupid lord that should never of became lord in the first place." I then seen them all nod in agreement. I then continued on my way and led them to where our master was. I entered the castle and waited to be told where he was.

http://hiddenbehindthepages.niceboards.net

Thranduil his father and King of Mirkwood came into the hall and was not in his usual robes. This was more akin to his son for ridding. With him was a council member. Seeing his son he smirked. "I see you've been out scouting again, but you have also met FeaSil the Maia and Statue of our Glen." He gestured for his son to walk with him to the stables. "The goblins and Orcs have been active as late is because they have been over populating and they come to the glen because of the power there and that power will be at its peak tonight and there is reason for it my son." He mounted up on his horse. "The spell that slayed the Maia has been Broken, a New elf is coming."

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack
Captain
Captain

"I new elf is coming? What do you mean? Like a new protector? I hope that elf comes before those know that the spell has been broken." I said to him as I got onto my horse and I rode beside him listening to what he had to say. I told my men to stay here and eat and do whatever until I got back. But not to go anywhere.

Thranduil shook his head. "Not exactly my son." They rode out and to the glen where the statue was. "Break open the base." He commanded the others with them despite Legolas protest of why. His father moved off his horse and took the carrier from the council member. In the silence of his approach Legolas heard a soft cry, not one for help or that of a foul creature but of a baby. The council man took up the effects inside with care to be transported back to the kingdom as the cry stopped and his father came back mounting the horse. The satchel carrier now weighed down. Moving closer to his son's horse upon his own to move the cover. There nestled inside warm swaddling was a baby Elfling. So fair pale with dark brown almost black hair that showed glistening silver highlights. Ears delicate. Thranduil traced a finger along the cheek and the baby stirred to open startling emerald sea green/blue eyes. "She has been reborn as an elf and with a new life." He smirked looking to his son. "The new elf has come and she will grow quickly not like others of our kin."

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack
Captain
Captain

He looked at his dad and smiles. This was the greatest thing that he could ever be told. "So are we going to raise her? I will look after her if you do not have the time father." I said to his father with love in his eyes. This was the prettiest child he had ever laid eyes on.

He smiled at his son's omission. "Yes my son, we will raise her, she was rebirthed here in our home after all." With care he took off the shoulder sling of the satchel and let Legolas take her. "In honor of her life we shall call her Raesilas. The Forest star. " The infant yawned but gazed up at the golden haired prince with those eyes. Getting a gentleness as he tentatively traced her cheek. Calmed by him, "I will help but she will be your charge if you so wish it Legolas my Son." He stirred the horse to head back home before the night closed around them. "She seems to like you."

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack
Captain
Captain

"I would love nothing more than to raise her and bring her up with me and my men and I even have some good females in our group that would be great mothers for her! I hope this goes over well." I said to my dad as we headed back to the house. I couldn't wait to tell my group of the amazing newborn that we will be looking after, protecting and raising! I nudged my horse so it would follow my dads home.

Thranduil smiled at that. Not taking the child from his son as he showed her off with a bit of excited pride.

The group smiled outright looking over her, especially the female rangers. Showing the prince how to take care of her whilst alone with her. right now relaxed in his bed where she watched him and held to his index and middle finger as she suckled from the milk skin that they had made for him to use with her. The milk was laced with honey as he had had during his infancy. Eyes watchful on him. Always listening even so there was such a burning intensity to those eyes that burned with a deep curiousity that was innocent and awed.

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack
Captain
Captain

I watched her drink. She was absolutely beautiful and I was grateful that the woman were happy to help. I was glad that this was all going to work out. I decided that after she was done eating we would get her bed ready in my house, and I would have 2 of the rangers come and live in my house. There was 2 that I had had in mind, the ones that have had the most kids and that helped raise me when I was young. I wanted those 2 plus a girl in the group that I have had my eye on for quite awhile and she has had her eye on me. Those would be the three woman that I would have live in my house with me. Good thing my house was huge, not quite as big as my father's but pretty big all together. When she was done eating, I put her on my bed inbetween two pillows and I went to talk to the three ladies.

The agreed though the oldest Elinsil suggested that she be allowed to take the child to rivendell to be seen by Elrond.

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack
Captain
Captain

I took the eldest one aside so I could talk to her. "I think that it is a very good idea that you want to take her to Rivendell. Do you want some of my men to go with you to make sure nothing happens. I trust you and everything but I don't think we can ever be too safe with this child and I assume that the others know about it already and I would be extra worried if they were to attack you and the child." I said to her with a smile as I held the little girl inbetween us. I would only send them though if she thought that it would be a good idea, which I hoped that she did.

Ensil nodded, "Pick your best guards and riders to go with me. " She looked to the infant. The infant was watching Legolas and not her. "Though not too soon, she seems rather smitten with you, We will head out in the morning and I will have her back in a couple of nights."

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack
Captain
Captain

"That sounds good to me. What are you guys going to do while you are there? Should I send some trailor attachments on some of the mens horses so you can bring good and such back or are you guys just going for a visit?" I said to her as I knew we needed some groceries and such around here. "I will gather up my best men in about an hour when we have our meeting and I will come back and let you know where they will be waiting. I just need to know what I should send with you guys." I said to her with a smile and a nod, and then as the baby started to slowly fall back asleep I passed her over as my arm was falling asleep.

She gave him a list as she held the elfling gently. Letting him say goodbye and wish them a fair journey in the morning. For two days they were gone in Rivendell. Ensil returned as he came into the room. She was not holding the baby nor where the others. Wishing him good afternoon.

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack
Captain
Captain

When I seen that none of them had the child with them I started to freak out, but then I gained my cool. There would be a good reason for this and I good reason for it I hoped. None of them were injured so she had to be alright wherever she was. But why she wasn't back here with them was my question. "Where is she you guys?" I asked all around. Looking at all of them seriously. This was not a thing or a time to place games.

Ensil smirked, "Come out of hiding Sildir." She smiled more, "She hid when she heard you coming.

Shyly coming out from behind the statue beside him was a Elfling of 6 years. She shuffled her feet a bit. Hair darker almost black yet having red tones to it. Wearing a green and silver tunic much like Elrond of Rivendell. Little star sets in her hair that was long and swept back into a half braid down her back, sides down as the rest of her hair was down. Shyly looking up to him.

"Lord Elron gifted her the name, she was just like this the next day but he suspects she won't suddenly change again for another couple of years.

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack
Captain
Captain

Wow she really had grown in those 2 days. "Well I am glad that she won't advance this much for a couple more years, or I wouldn't know what to do with myself; and then she would be growing up wayyy tooo fast, and I don't want that to happen. I want her to start light training but nothing sevre or serious. I still want her to be able to play and have fun especially with the other kids that are around here. She is still young and still deserves a childhood before she grows out of it too fast. Literally. And I love the name. Couldn't of thought of a better on if I tried. I will write him a letter later and give him many thanks." I said to them all. Then I took her by her hand and showed her where her room was. As I went out while they were gone and bought her a bunch of stuff for it. I am glad that she wasn't too big for the bed yet, and hopefully I won't have to repaint or anything soon. "This is your room my dear and there is clothes for you in the closet and in the dresser. I also bought you some things that you can play with and I bought you something that you will get on Friday, when we have the gathering of the whole crew. Including my father (which would be your grandfather) and I will give it to you then, okay?" I said to her as she nodded to me. She picked up a book off of the bookshelf and she started to read it. "Thank you very much." She said to me. "You are very welcome and next time that I go into town I will bring you with me and then you can pick out some books and clothes and stuff." I said to her with a smile. "I would very much like that, have a good night Dad." "good night dear." I said to her as I kissed her forehead and then left the room. I then walked out to where everyone else was. "She loved all the stuff I picked out and is even reading one of the books now. Shall we celebrate?" I asked them, "For a job well done by my best men and woman?"

They laughed at that. Celebrating with him.

Thranduil arched a brow as he saw her reading to join her and read a passage out loud. Sildir read the next and he the one after. She smiled shyly and worked up the courage to sit closer. Thranduil smiled as he ran fingers in her hair a bit till she started to get sleepy. Singing to her softly as he tucked her in. Watching her sleep he felt a private joy he hadn't felt since Legolas' birth. Leaning and kissing her forehead just barely. Taking her out in the morning to walk with him seeing a group of humans struggling with a horse that didn't want to be ridden. Looking down to find her gone he looked around but froze to see her facing the horse in near stomping distance.

She picked up the fallen rope as the humans yelled at her to get away. Instead she sung softly.
"with a sigh, you turn away,
with a deepening heart no more words to say,
you will find the world has changed forever."

She pulled the robe gently the horse started to calm and fidget a bit as ears flickered. Reaching up her finger tips touched his muzzle.
" the trees are now turning are now turning from green to gold,
and the sun is now fading , I wish I could hold you closer."
She caressed his muzzle, her voice not like that of a child and her Elvin was very delicate. The Horse calmed now and lowered his head she let arms go around him a bit as she rested her head atop of his and patted him. The horse moved his head out of her hold and the men stared as it went down on it's legs as she blinked but moved and pulled herself up. The horse righted neighing at two men as it walked with her unsaddled around the trail she giggled and leaned to hug his mane the horse seemed content to keep her there

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack
Captain
Captain

I heard her leave with my father so I knew she would be safe. I then rolled over and slept for another hour (I think) I then got out of bed and showered and got ready to take on the wonderful day. I seen her and my dad having hot chocolate and coffee at the table. I hoped I wasn't interrupting anything. I then poured myself a cup of tea and sat down with them at the table. "Hey you guys. You guys were up early. Sorry I slept in so late, it must have been from all the celebrating last night." I said with a yawn. "Dear, when would you like to go into town and get your books and clothes and such?" I asked her with a smile. She was looking more like a woman every day, and I was sad that she was growing up so quickly. I really hoped that the man was right that she wouldn't do another major spurt for at least 3-5 years.

Thranduil watched her as he ran fingers through the ends of her hair. "She won't be going to town my son, you will take her to the borders of the Grey Havens. There my friend will be her teacher for a time before she goes back to Rivendell and then Lotlorien. She needs to learn from all of us for I beheld a power in her last night that if unchecked would be dangerous." He looked at his son and there was a seriousness there he hadn't seen since the time of Smaug the Dragon

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack
Captain
Captain

"Okay, well do you have any idea of what kind of books and clothes and such that I should get her then. Because I have no idea as I have never shopped for a young girl before. Or I could take one of the ladies into town with me if you think that would be a wise idea." I said to him with a smile as I knew that he was telling the truth, I had seen the end of what happened with the horse yesterday and I knew too that she had more than one hidden power.

Thranduil smiled to her and had her go out with the apples to the horse she had befriend and named Sulwen. His smile fading as he stood there and watched her. "I don't think you understand my son...once she leaves she won't be coming back as a child and for many years." He felt Legolas stiffen but he steeled his heart, in Elrond's letter he and the lady of the Golden Wood had a vision. If she stays here she will die, the darkness has stirred and the agents of the Dark lord know of her now. Sauron wants her," He looked at his son eyes somber and with pity. "He will shape and in his place there would be a queen, dark and powerful as the north, all would love her and despair. She cannot stay with us anymore but she might return someday and still full of light. You must take her tomorrow morning to the sea and say goodbye for now."He clasped him on the shoulder with a squeeze and walked away leaving him to watch of the little girl who smiled and laughed as she pet the horse. She and Sulwen would be gone as well as that voice...

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack
Captain
Captain

He was very upset at what his father had to say but he knew it to be true, as he knew that his father would not lie to him especially about this and he would not put her into danger. I was really upset but there wasn't much of a choice that I had, I just hoped that she knew her way and that she would make it there safely and I hoped that she did return and I would leave her with a letter so that if she ever needed me or anyone here just to write and I would be there as fast as I could. I loved that little girl and I didn't want her to leave.

Years passed, he often had to help defend the forest but today his father was smiling. Looking past Legolas to the elf on the balconey. Looking the young woman was lithe and slender, her long hair white that faded into golden silver near the ends. Skin pale fair. Eyes a gold yet green. Wearing a tunic of silver and green like a lord or lady of old. Thranduil softly called out to them. "Sildir.." She looked to them and Legolas saw her now. The Elfling had grown up and returned to Mirkwood. She stepped inside with grace and light of step to smile at Legolas as he stared. "Hello Legolas..." She had a voice as soft as silken lace that turned the tips of his ears pink easily.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum