hiddenbehindthepages

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

hiddenbehindthepages
hiddenbehindthepages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything and anything can be written here...Want to be a Wizard? Or be Part of House of Night? Then visit The Sorting Hat and Get Marked!

TB
Latest topics
» Corrupt A Wish
Short Stories Contest #1 Month of August 2010 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 7:23 pm by Ageless Vampire

» Please Follow These Instructions For Getting Sorted!
Short Stories Contest #1 Month of August 2010 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 7:07 pm by Mrs.KreszentiaBlack

» August 1st 2017 Short Story Contest Genre: Anything
Short Stories Contest #1 Month of August 2010 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 5:03 pm by Mrs.KreszentiaBlack

» (x) Time Travellers (x) Courtney x Kressie
Short Stories Contest #1 Month of August 2010 EmptyThu May 12, 2016 3:20 am by courtney

» After the Happily Ever After(Kressie and courtney)
Short Stories Contest #1 Month of August 2010 EmptyThu May 12, 2016 3:18 am by courtney

» Hell City 1 on 1 rp.
Short Stories Contest #1 Month of August 2010 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 2:41 pm by courtney

» Ghost Lover[X]
Short Stories Contest #1 Month of August 2010 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 2:38 pm by courtney

» Hey Everyone. Ready to get sorted?!?!
Short Stories Contest #1 Month of August 2010 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 2:03 pm by Silvonch

» Romantic Moments
Short Stories Contest #1 Month of August 2010 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 12:01 pm by Mrs.KreszentiaBlack

Poll
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

You are not connected. Please login or register

Short Stories Contest #1 Month of August 2010

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack
Captain
Captain

Okay everybody. Let your imagine roll. Your story has to have a beginning middle and an end. What you have to write about is up to you. But remember they are short stories!

Have fun and let your imaginations fly.

Loves'n'Hugs
Kressie

It will run from Aug. 12th - Sept. 3rd Very Happy
HAve fun and good luck.

Last edited by Mrs.KreszentiaBlack on Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:54 am; edited 1 time in total

http://hiddenbehindthepages.niceboards.net

courtney

courtney
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

I was in the Art room that life changing morning. It was the morning my boyfriend, close friends, and my art teacher had an intervention. They all asked if I had Depression. Asked if I was ok. They all wanted to help. Said they could be there for me. Eric was the most earnest of them all. I knew he loved me dearly.

The Night Before:

My room is in the basement. My parents helped me decorate it the way I wanted to. I had it split up into sections for the various Art things I liked to do. Working with clay was my favorite to work with though. I could pound the and then make it into something useful or beautiful. I could use different sharp tool that could let me carve designs into the things I made.

"Mia, diner's ready!" My mother called.

"Coming Mom!" I yelled up to her.

I put my sketchbook down and changed into a long sleeved shirt. I went up to find my mom had made some kind of casserole. While I was eating I made sure I kept my left sleeve down. Dad and I ate a serving each and then we did the dishes. Dad washed while I dried and put the dishes away. Usually it only took us twenty minutes to do them. It really depended on what kind of meal had made that night.

Dad and I finished the dishes in fifteen minutes. I headed for my room when my phone buzzed. I took it out and looked at the caller I.D. I smiled. I pressed SEND. "Hey Eric"

"Hey Mia. You think you can come out to play tonight?"

I smiled. "What kind of play?" I heard him chuckle.

"Late night paintball in the woods."

"Um.... Who’s going?" I asked. He had some friends I didn’t like, so I needed to know.

"James, Peter, Eddie, and Samantha. James and Peter are teammates like always while Sam picked Eddie as her teammate. So that leaves me as teammate less and a wee bit lonely..... Mia please say you can come....." He said it in the tone that always made me cave. I sighed.

"Okay. Come pick me up in fifteen minutes," I told him as I started to rummage around in my closet for my black clothes, boots, and a hat that I used for going paintball. I heard him laugh a little. I could see the smiled on his face in my mind.

"Love you, Mia"

"Love you too." I said and then pressed END.
When I was changing the fading scar on my hip made me freeze for a minute. I shook my head and focused lacing and tying up my boots. When I was putting my hair up my phone buzzed. It was probably Eric texting me telling me he was here and waiting for me. I grabbed my hat and made sure no lingering strands of strawberry blonde hair were visible. I ran upstairs. "Mom, Dad I'm going out with Eric! I'll be back later!" I ran out the door and sure enough he was waiting for me. I opened the passenger door and got in.

"We are so gonna kick butt," he said before he kissed me softly on the lips.

"We better. Peter and James creamed all of us last time." I buckled up and he pulled away from my house heading for the woods.

When we got to the wood’s by Peter’s house Eric parked and we got out. Peter, James, Eddie, and Samantha were waiting for us. Eric went to the back of his car and opened the trunk. He kept paintball guns and ammunition in his trunk at all times. He likes being ready for the next game. He took out my gun and handed it to me. Our fingers brushed a little. I still got that electric feeling when it happened. Next he handed me a bag of extra ammunition. The other part of him keeping them in his trunk was that the guns were always loaded. He got out his gun and extra ammunition. The guys and Samantha were already geared up and ready to play. Eric and I went into the eastern part of the woods while the others went to the northern, western, or southern part of the woods. We’d meet up somewhere while we walking around getting ready to shoot if we heard any movement.
In a way I needed to get out tonight and get my mind off the fresh cut on my left leg. It was an accident; I had dropped my carving tool when I was putting a design on my newest bowl. I shook my head and made myself concentrate on the sounds around me. Eric was a few paces ahead of me. I jogged a little to catch up to him. He smiled when he saw that it was just me. My cell buzzed in my pocket. The hunt began now.
Eric had taught me military signals they use for when to move, strike, and ECT. It came in handy but James and Peter knew the signals too. So it didn’t really balance out between us four. I was starting to wonder when Samantha would be on a winning team. I shook the thought off and went back to listening for sounds. If we got hit once we were out and our partner was left to fend for him or herself. I hope Eric and I win tonight......., I thought to myself.
Eric stopped suddenly. I stopped walking and listened with him. It was probably just a bird or something. But instead the next thing I herd was a pop! Eric was hit. One of our friends had gotten him on the back with a green Beebe. Another pop! Came from behind me. I saw orange paint glowing on my shoulder. We were out and we had only been in for ten minutes. We made our way back to Eric's car.
“Where do you want to go?” He asked me.
“We could hang out at my place.” I said to him. He nodded and started his car and drove to me my house.
We went down to my room and cuddled on my bed. As I was falling asleep I felt him roll up the sleeve on my left arm. He caressed my arm and I didn’t even worry about him finding out my secret. I was just too tired to notice that he was stroking the cuts on my arm. I didn’t even hear or feel him move when I had fallen asleep.
My alarm clock went off. I groaned and shut it off. I got up and took a quick shower and then got dressed. After I ate I called Eric to see if he could come pick me up He said yes. I went outside to wait for him. He pulled up ten minutes later. I hopped in and he drove us to school. His morning cup of black coffee was steaming in the cup holder between us. I smiled. To me the smell was safe and was like coming home. He pulled into his usual parking space.
“I'll see you in Chemistry” I told him
“'Kay. See you then.” He leaned over and kissed my cheek. I went to the Art room. I picked up the clay leather hard bowl I was carving. Just as I was about to start carving they all walked in.
“We know.” Eric said somberly.

The End

http://clh1993mrp1972@gmail.com

Snow

Snow
Carpenter
Carpenter

Ok, so my story is kinda really short. But well... here it is

Scarlet took one more deep breath. gave one last step and watched what she was holding in her tremblig hands. the violet poison was on her right hand (that was plan A). the sexi and dangerous knife was on her left (plan B).
the big question was why she wanted to commit suicide with such despair. well, the answer was kind of obvious. Love. the most passionate and pure love she had ever felt.
everything was perfect when she met her boyfriend Loren. such perfect guy. dark wild hair, green deep eyes and a smile so bright you couldnt refuse anything he would ask for. he was totally in love with her and so she was. so, the happy couple was going to get married the following autumn. but, what a pitty! the night before the great day he desappeared. Scarlet got a phone call from one of the captors, who said that Loren was dead. that they had kill him because of some reason she didnt want to hear. she cryied all night long. and so she did the next day till she runned out of tears. she didnt ate. she didnt speack. she didnt sleep. she kept the doors and windows open waiting to Loren to came back.
so she finally couldnt keep waiting (although in a deep part on her heart she felt her lover was still alive and was going to wake her from this horrible night mare).
she went to beach the day she discovered she was pregnant (obviously lorent´s). It should have been a happy new. however she was in such hurt she couldnt bear it. yeah, it was a selfish choise, but her mind wasnt avaible to do other thing than the one she was going to.
she opened the little jar and started to drink when she heared something...
- Scarlet! Scarlet!
she recognised the voice but it was too late...
- My angel... Dont do that!! please dont!!! IM HERE!
the darkness pushed her to unconsciousness. Scarlet dosent remember more from that day.
when she finally woke up there was only one thing she could ask to
her lover.
- am I dead?
- no darling, you are not- loren answered.
- are you a ghost?-
- no! Scarlet! IM not a ghost, you are not dead. Im back.
she couldt easily belive it. it had been too long. too much pain.
Scarlet looked at him and to his smile. was he really there?. that smile... for some reason she belived him. they were together again. and this time, forever. but, wait she had an important thing to say to him.
- Loren?- she call.
- yes?- he answered while kissing her in the lips and the face.
- Im pregnant.
instantly lorens eyes whent full of happiness tiars. wich join Scarlet´s. he kissed her with much more passion. wich made her whent back to unconsciousness, remember she had drink poison.

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack
Captain
Captain

((wow courtney that is good and Rain yours is excellent. And Rain it is okay that it is short, it is a short story contest!...OMG Rain your story made me cry sad and happie tears and I love how it keeps the reader on edge. Good Job! Hoping that some more people join))

Snow

Snow
Carpenter
Carpenter

((Thanks so much Kressie!))

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack
Captain
Captain

((you are welcome))

Gypsy Vampire

Gypsy Vampire
Carpenter
Carpenter

She was a little girl when it happend. She was 5 years old when her whole life fell apart. Her parents died and no one would take her in so she lived on the streets until a nice man found her and took her into his family. She had a mother, father, and an older sister. She loved it there but that all changed when she was 10. Her mother died and her dad became abusive. She ran away again and stayed on the streets. She lived on the street for 5 years and finally someone let her live with them. She went to school like she was told, she got straight A's and one day she got her first crush. It happend when she was at lunch. Her crush sat ahead of her and started talking. She loved the sound of his voice and his name. Gabriel. She smiled and before lunch could end he said the best words ever, "I like you Angel."
She said she liked him back and like that they were a couple. It lasted for three years and they loved each other. It was after graduation and he was driving her home. He didnt see the car coming but it hit his car and snashed it. Angel blacked out and she woke up in the hospital. Her mother was sitting by her bedside crying; She touched her mothers hand and asked where Gabriel was. Her mother looked into Angel's eyes and said the two words Angel hated the most. "Gabriel's dead." Angel started crying and didnt stop. It was raining the day of his funeral; Angel's blond hair was plastered to her face from the rain and from crying when she realized that anybody she loved never lasted. She cried harder.
Three years past and she came home from collage. She didnt have anyone left here but one person; She was walking toward his grave when she saw him one last time. She knew it was his because of his chocolate brown hair and eye. He smiled and followed her to his grave. She sat beside and cried bringing up all the memories of them. The day he said he liked her, the day he first kissed her, the day he said he loved her. She felt something touch her shoulder and when she turned around there he was standing right behind her. He smiled at her and told her one thing, "I love you. But it's time for me to go." She cried and begged him not to leave but he had to. He kissed her lips gently and looked at her, "I'll miss you." Then he disappeard. She felt her heart break into a million pieces and it was so much pain that she fell on his grave and that's how they found her. She had died of broken heart but she was a ghost now and she waited for him. He finally showed up and smiled at her, "You ready to go?" She smiled and took his hand, they will never leave each other for anything and right before they stepped into they light they kissed each other with such passion that they didnt want to stop. They did stop though and stepped through the light holding each other tight.

Snow

Snow
Carpenter
Carpenter

((It is so nice Gyspy!!))

Gypsy Vampire

Gypsy Vampire
Carpenter
Carpenter

((Thanks Rain I like yours))

Snow

Snow
Carpenter
Carpenter

((Thanks Very Happy))

Gypsy Vampire

Gypsy Vampire
Carpenter
Carpenter

((No prob))

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack
Captain
Captain

((Awwww Gypsy that was amazing... I am just waiting for Fuarie to post one; as she told me that she was...))

Fuarie

Fuarie
Captain
Captain

Shen leaned against the porch railing trying to clear her mind, she wore only her leather mini skirt and black cotton tank top but the cold wouldn't bother her. The white flecks could be burying her and her undead skin would not be touched by the coldness of it. She needed time to clear her mind. She was just starting to get the memories of her vampiric birth and life back together when she was thrown a blast from her human past. Bran.She could remember many things now, but one thing she couldn't remember was why she left him. Vlad's constant love for human women had worn holes in her heart. Maybe that was why it now thumped at the thought of her once husband.

As if on cue he appeared out of the snow. His dark and light gray coat blending into the shadows of the trees in which he stood making him almost invisible until he moved. His nostrils flared releasing white puffs as he crept up to her. Shen's red eyes glanced down as he came to a stop next to her. "What do you want?" She asked raising her lip to give a look of disgust. Since answering the question was the only way to keep her close Bran shifted. Shen examined his human form. It hadn't changed much, maybe a bit bulkier, but his sunny blond hair and endless hazel green eyes were untouched by the five hundred years that they were apart. Hoping to stop her from leaving he put his hands on the rail at her sides.

"I've come here to see you." He answered knowing she really didn't want an answer to her question. He knew what she meant was 'Go away' but he couldn't leave her there, alone, in the cold. Her eyes may be red, her skin pale, but she was still the twenty five year old girl he took under his wing and eventually married. His heart still beat for her, it pounded in his ears even know that his body was so close to her's.

"Go play with your mate...or does she no longer entertain you either?" She said waving a hand in the air for dismissal. She couldn't let him know how she felt. She still loved Vlad even though he constantly hurt her with his affairs with mortals. Bran didn't miss a beat however and when she refused to let her eyes meet his he knew she was hiding something. What could it be? If that lover of her's had hurt her in any way he would tear him limb form limb and eat his heart. Taking her chin between his finger he made her look at him. His hazel eyes examining every feature.

"YOU are my mate." He whispered his breath hot on her face. When was the last time she heard endearments from Vlad? It had to have been more then a century ago. "What pains you so, iubirea mea?" Her heart stopped as he spoke to her in their native tongue. Vlad found it rude to speak in a language in which no one around them would under stand. Vlad, Vlad, Vlad, to hell with Vlad he left her hurt.

"Sângerează inima mea, ea vrea să fie atins de tine" She answered sticking to his turn in language. He stood there now staring at her with those endless honey spring eyes and to her it felt like an eternity before his hot lips covered her's in a possessive yet loving embrace. Shock was her first reaction but as his teeth clamped down on her bottom lip her hands thrust into his hair. His own hands moving from the icy rail to the bottom hem of her shirt. His fingers dancing on a inch of exposed flesh revealed on her left side. She was cool to his warmth, ice and fire, vampire and wolf. Total opposites yet fitting so perfectly like the last piece in a child's puzzle. For her the kiss was over far to soon and she let him know by raking her nails down his shoulders. His shivered reaction sending feelings to place she didn't know worked any longer. His lips curled in a smile as his forehead pressed to her's.

"I have waited five centuries just for that." He said before kissing each of her cheeks. Her laugh warmed his hear. It was more stunning then any of the forest songbirds he heard over the years. It was as if an angel was her with him now, a rather dark angel but one none the less.

"I am sure that you have waited for much more then that." She teased pressing kiss to whatever skin was within reach of her lips.

"You're right but I plan to woe you this time." Another fluttering laugh, this time her head tilting backwards with the happy sound. It exposed her neck and he could not resist the chance to taste that paled flesh. She was sweet and tangy taste on his tongue as he rolled the flesh between his teeth. He half expected her to pull back and lash at him but instead she leaned her head further back. He released her flesh and kissed up her neck and across her jaw line. "This time you will know love. True undying love."

He meant to keep his word but after only a few days his body wanted more then kisses and she was a dirty cheated, teasing him every chance she got. Now he had her in his bed, dawn was peaking over the snow kissed field as he stood at the window watching her sleep. He would have to get used to not seeing her breath, not hearing a strong heart beat under her breast. Yes that would be easy to accept but he knew one thing would wound him, one thing he could not accept and could not stop. She would leave him again, perhaps to return again, but she would leave him to return to her lover. The one she turned into an undead with. Her Vlad. As much as it would tear his soul in two he would let her go and wait for her, because that was one promise he would keep...he would show her true undying love.

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack
Captain
Captain

Thanks Faurie. Just waiting to see if anyone else is going to join! They have until Sept 3rd at lunch time. 12:00pm EST

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack
Captain
Captain

((sorry you guys! I forgot when I set the deadline on this.))

In my opinion the best story is ...

Rain! Your story made me cry and be happy all at the same time! it was amazing!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum