hiddenbehindthepages

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

hiddenbehindthepages
hiddenbehindthepages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything and anything can be written here...Want to be a Wizard? Or be Part of House of Night? Then visit The Sorting Hat and Get Marked!

TB
Latest topics
» Corrupt A Wish
Chapter 9 - Stravinsky EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 7:23 pm by Ageless Vampire

» Please Follow These Instructions For Getting Sorted!
Chapter 9 - Stravinsky EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 7:07 pm by Mrs.KreszentiaBlack

» August 1st 2017 Short Story Contest Genre: Anything
Chapter 9 - Stravinsky EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 5:03 pm by Mrs.KreszentiaBlack

» (x) Time Travellers (x) Courtney x Kressie
Chapter 9 - Stravinsky EmptyThu May 12, 2016 3:20 am by courtney

» After the Happily Ever After(Kressie and courtney)
Chapter 9 - Stravinsky EmptyThu May 12, 2016 3:18 am by courtney

» Hell City 1 on 1 rp.
Chapter 9 - Stravinsky EmptyWed May 11, 2016 2:41 pm by courtney

» Ghost Lover[X]
Chapter 9 - Stravinsky EmptyWed May 11, 2016 2:38 pm by courtney

» Hey Everyone. Ready to get sorted?!?!
Chapter 9 - Stravinsky EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 2:03 pm by Silvonch

» Romantic Moments
Chapter 9 - Stravinsky EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 12:01 pm by Mrs.KreszentiaBlack

Poll
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chapter 9 - Stravinsky

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Chapter 9 - Stravinsky Empty Chapter 9 - Stravinsky Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:53 pm

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack
Captain
Captain

Chapter 9

Bella sat relatively still, focusing on the orchestra and doing her best to ignore me. From the outside, it appeared that she was succeeding at that goal, but I could feel her pulse beating rapidly through her hand. She was fighting a loosing battle, and if I really wanted to I was fairly sure I could distract her. But I couldn’t break all of the rules, not when I was the one who brought her here. I had to let her appreciate the show.

Stravinsky’s Firebird Suite began next. She was so absorbed by the eerie first few movements that she actually jumped out of her seat at the sound of the first note on the Infernal Dance. I instantly reached to catch her, inadvertently pulling her onto my lap once again. She trembled for a second, trying to catch her breath, though I wasn’t sure if it was the fright of the music or my sudden cold embrace that stunned her more.

Despite the shock, Bella wrapped her shaky arms around me and huddled close to my chest as the agitation of the movement continued to screech throughout the hall. I held her as tightly as I dared, relishing the fact that it was I who was comforting her anxiety at that very moment.

Slowly she began to relax as the movement wound its way into the Berceuse. Her breathing became less labored, and I reached one hand up to hold her head closer to my chest. Bella tilted her head up to study me; her eyes wide with emotion as a crescendo crashed through the string section.

I opened my mouth to say something, but suddenly I couldn’t remember what. The look on her face was one of utter vulnerability and trust. My mind was instantly thrown into chaos, contradicting every single instinct that pulsed through my body. I forgot where I was, who I was, what music was playing, and everything else in the world except her. My lips met hers and some passage sounded out loudly from the horn section. My brain refused to recognize it, focusing only on Bella, only on how right she felt at that moment and how much I wanted to love her in every possible way.

Her lips were working sensuously against mine as we sank lower in the seat, sliding together in a mad attempt to get nearer to one another. My hand that had been cradling her back was pulling excessively at her dress, most likely trying to remove the last boundary that prevented me from caressing her delectable skin. Bella uttered a soft moan as her own hand slipped between my jacket and shirt, pulling me forward in my seat and down towards her.

Suddenly something wasn’t right. The music had stopped, and another irritating noise filled the hall. I couldn’t place it right away. Bella heard it too, because she slowly pulled away from my embrace, struggling to sit up from our compromising position.

Then I recognized the sound – applause. The show was over, and everyone around us was on their feet, applauding enthusiastically.

I stood up, instantaneously righting Bella and placing her on her feet next to me as if we had risen from our seats to join the masses seconds before. Bella swayed slightly and I reached over to hold her upright. I knew exactly how she felt – it was all I could do to keep from sinking to my knees from the vertigo that threatened to consume me when I looked at her.

I snuck a glance to my right at the gentlemen who had witnessed our prior indiscretion. Much to my dismay, he was watching us once again. Only this time his thoughts were much more condoning. I wasn’t sure what to make of it all, and quite honestly I didn’t care at that moment. I had many more important things on my mind like Bella’s scent; the taste of Bella’s lips; the feeling of her warm weight on my lap - she flooded my brain copiously.

Bella seemed to have regained part of her composure. At least she was standing on her own, seemingly awestruck by the applauding audience and the bowing members of the symphony.

“Let’s get out of here.” No sense in hiding my intent.

She turned slowly towards me, an expression of bafflement on her face. It took her a minute to process what I had just murmured in her ear. Then she nodded, the corners of her mouth turning upwards into the hint of a smile.

Bella reached for my extended arm, pulling herself towards me, the smile now beaming brilliantly.

I bent down and brushed her lips lightly, using every ounce of my control not to indulge in anything more. “I love you,” I whispered against her.

Her grip tightened around my arm as I felt her lips returning to the smile that had captivated her face before the kiss. “Lead the way.” I needed no further encouragement.

Bella tried to smooth her dress and tuck a stray piece of hair behind her ear as we exited the box, arm in arm. I was too distracted to care if my shirt was untucked or ruffled. I couldn’t tear my eyes away from her, and if it not for my quick reactions I would have surely walked into the other patrons that swirled in the hallway.

Somehow we made it down the stairs and into the lobby of the hall. Bella’s gaze never left my face, though I was forced to peel myself away to at least make it appear that I was watching where we were going. Thoughts of our fellow patrons swam through my mind, but I was able to tune most of them out. I caught a few impassioned observations of our behavior, and that only fueled the growing firestorm that was raging inside of me. I could not get us through the hall and to the car fast enough. Bella’s expression told me she felt the same.

Finally inside the car, I was able to breathe, figuratively of course. Once I took a real breath, the ache from Bella’s heavenly scent worked its way through me in such a way as to only add to the other hunger that was nearly uncontainable.

She spoke first once we were alone and racing to the hotel.

“That was...” she paused. “I don’t think I even have an adjective appropriate to describe it.”

“Are you referring to the concert or something else?” I blurted out before thinking through how my words would sound. Luckily, Bella took no offense.

“Both.”

I sighed in relief. As much as I thought I knew what she was feeling, I couldn’t afford to be wrong. Not in my state.

“I’m glad you enjoyed the concert.” My words were pathetically inadequate, but it was all I could muster.

Bella turned towards me. “Do you have any idea how much I love you?” Her voice was like silk against my skin.

I reached to take her hand in mine, kissing the back of it. “Maybe.” I glanced mischievously at her from the corner of my eye.

“Maybe?” She pulled her hand away and leaned dangerously close to me. “How would you like me to prove it to you?”

My hand on the steering wheel began to shake. I grabbed the wheel with my regrettably freed hand, shaking my head slightly.

“Remind me to bring you to the orchestra more often.” I depressed the accelerator to the floor, desperate to get to the hotel as soon as possible.

Bella’s eyes danced in the passing street lights. “You never answered my question. Shall I add it to all of the others from this evening?”

I groaned outwardly. How was she able to keep up this game so effortlessly? I was doomed – it was that simple. We’d be lucky to make it up to our room at this rate. How had such an innocent night at the orchestra turned so salacious so quickly? Was there any hope of halting now, after the innuendos had been flung like confetti all night? More importantly, did I want it all to stop?

“It sure did get warm,” Bella commented as I helped her out of the car and into the air-conditioned hotel.

I glanced down at her curiously, not quite sure what she meant.

We rushed through the lobby towards the elevators, ignoring the stares and open jaws of those watching us. Thankfully Bella couldn’t hear the myriad of thoughts racing through my already over-stimulated mind. My remedy to such madness was simple; preoccupying myself with Bella. I kept her as close to me as I dared, still fighting the urge to scoop her into my arms and flee up the fire stairs. But that would draw too much attention, especially with everyone watching us cross the room.

I was prepared this time for the elevator operator. As his eyes lit up at the sight of my stunning bride entering his car, I spun her around so that her body was blocked from his view, seeking out her mouth and kissing her as fervently as I dared. Although his perverted thoughts continued to assault me, I completely ignored him as my lips worked eagerly against Bella’s. Her reaction was surprised and hesitant at first, not sure what had brought on this premature display of affection, but her posture swiftly changed as I pulled her tightly against me. This time the seventeenth floor came much too quickly.

We both stumbled out of the elevator car the moment the door opened. I half-dragged a dazed Bella away from the other man, stifling another round of laughter as his thoughts pelted me incessantly.

Dude, not fair! Oh man, I want that chick!

I was more easily able to tune out the rest as the elevator door closed.

“What was that all about?” Bella questioned rather loudly.

I chortled uncontrollably. “Trust me, you don’t want to know.”

Her eyes narrowed. “You need to tell me.”

“I will. But can we please just get in the room first?” I begged, still chuckling to myself.

“Fine. But which room are we going to?”

I had almost forgotten that we had two rooms, with our respective luggage in each. I would need to fix that separation problem quickly. I steered her towards the room where she had gotten dressed.

“My room?” She sounded disappointed.

“Just to gather your things,” I whispered in her hair. “Do you need a human moment?”

She turned to face me as we reached the door, blushing slightly. “Yes,” she admitted.

“I’ll be back in ten minutes to collect you and your things. Is that enough time?” I secretly hoped she wouldn’t ask for more.

“Yes.” Bella leaned up again and wrapped her arms around my neck. “I’ll be counting the seconds,” she breathed in my ear.

As will I, I thought. I brushed my lips against her cheek. “See you then.”

I regrettably released her, and gently pushed her inside the open door. Then before she could change my mind, I raced back to my room.

http://hiddenbehindthepages.niceboards.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum