hiddenbehindthepages

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

hiddenbehindthepages
hiddenbehindthepages
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Everything and anything can be written here...Want to be a Wizard? Or be Part of House of Night? Then visit The Sorting Hat and Get Marked!

TB
Latest topics
» Corrupt A Wish
Chapter 3 - Shumann Pt2 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 7:23 pm by Ageless Vampire

» Please Follow These Instructions For Getting Sorted!
Chapter 3 - Shumann Pt2 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 7:07 pm by Mrs.KreszentiaBlack

» August 1st 2017 Short Story Contest Genre: Anything
Chapter 3 - Shumann Pt2 EmptyFri Jul 21, 2017 5:03 pm by Mrs.KreszentiaBlack

» (x) Time Travellers (x) Courtney x Kressie
Chapter 3 - Shumann Pt2 EmptyThu May 12, 2016 3:20 am by courtney

» After the Happily Ever After(Kressie and courtney)
Chapter 3 - Shumann Pt2 EmptyThu May 12, 2016 3:18 am by courtney

» Hell City 1 on 1 rp.
Chapter 3 - Shumann Pt2 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 2:41 pm by courtney

» Ghost Lover[X]
Chapter 3 - Shumann Pt2 EmptyWed May 11, 2016 2:38 pm by courtney

» Hey Everyone. Ready to get sorted?!?!
Chapter 3 - Shumann Pt2 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 2:03 pm by Silvonch

» Romantic Moments
Chapter 3 - Shumann Pt2 EmptyTue Jul 07, 2015 12:01 pm by Mrs.KreszentiaBlack

Poll
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

RSS feeds

Yahoo! 
MSN 
AOL 
Netvibes 
Bloglines 

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chapter 3 - Shumann Pt2

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Chapter 3 - Shumann Pt2 Empty Chapter 3 - Shumann Pt2 Sun Nov 28, 2010 6:31 pm

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack

Mrs.KreszentiaBlack
Captain
Captain

Chapter 3

“You seem to have developed a soft spot for poor, mentally ill Schumann. Would you like to hear more of his amazing work?” I teased as I approached my collection of CDs.

“I’d rather hear you play his pieces,” she replied. I could hear her rearranging herself behind me on my bed.

I quickly found what I was looking for, and stuck the CD in my stereo. “If I could actually get a symphony orchestra to come out here and accompany me, I’d gladly perform this concerto for you.” I grabbed the remote and turned back to the bed. Bella was stretched out on her side, her head propped up with her hand. She looked absolutely breathtaking in such a position.

She smiled coyly at me. “I would love to see you play in front of an orchestra.”

I sprang up and leapt onto the bed next to her, thoroughly enjoying her surprised reaction. “Unfortunately, I don’t see that happening anytime soon. Wouldn’t want to be bothered with adoring humans,” I jested. “You’ll have to settle for the recorded version instead.”

She reached up to tenderly brush back a lock of hair from my forehead. “So, what are we listening to?”

“Schumann’s only piano concerto. He wrote it in 1841, a year after marrying his true love, Clara. He had known her since she was eleven, and fell deeply in love with her by the time she was seventeen; however her father wouldn’t allow them to marry until the eve of her twenty-first birthday.” I took the hand that had been stroking my face and kissed it softly. “You know, Clara has the same birthday as you.”

“Rather ironic, don’t you think?” she said. I took her hand and placed it on my side, then pulled myself closer to her.

“Schumann had injured his hand years before he married Clara, so she often performed his compositions. In the case of this concerto, she performed on the piano while he conducted the orchestra. She was a very accomplished performer in her own right.” Now it was my turn to stroke a stray piece of hair from her perfect face. “I would have loved to hear her play; to witness for myself how his music was truly supposed to be interpreted. Would you like to hear it?” I smiled in anticipation of her response.

“Of course, if it’s anything like Aufschwung.”

“It may also be written in a minor key, but it tells a much different story. I hear Robert and Clara’s love in the intertwining themes.” I reached for the remote with my free hand and pressed play. Then I kept my eyes on Bella, watching her reaction to the music.

As much as I enjoyed the piano as a solo instrument, I could not deny my adoration for piano concertos with a symphonic accompaniment. If a piano solo was like watching a black and white silent movie from the 1920s, then a piano concerto was the equivalent of watching the latest blockbuster in high definition, and with surround sound. There simply was no comparison.

Bella continued to gaze at me as the music began. She often referred to my supposed dazzling abilities, but at that moment she was the one dazzling me. I felt like I was drowning in the unfathomable depths of her eyes - my hand that had brushed the hair from her face was now tracing down the length of her side. I could hear her heartbeat increase at my touch; her breathing growing more erratic. Yet her stare did not waiver.

We remained frozen in our respective positions through nearly the full first movement of the concerto. My entire body ached to get closer to her, but I fought the urge, trying to convince myself that I didn’t want to distract her from the music. Near the cadenza, we both lost control. She moved first, pulling herself closer to me without breaking our gaze. The second I felt her body start to move, I reached for her with both hands and lifted her off the bed and on top of me, while simultaneously rolling onto my back. She immediately sought my mouth, kissing me urgently. The music was becoming quite an aphrodisiac for both of us.

As the cadenza came crashing to a halt we both came up for air, though Bella obviously needed it more than me. We both pulled away at the same moment, Bella panting to catch her breath. Again I was reminded that if I wasn’t careful, I would kill my love by assisted voluntary asphyxiation.

“Do you think Robert and Clara had anything on us?” Bella asked seductively once she had regained her breath.

I couldn’t help but smirk. “Possibly, seeing the reaction their music provokes.”

She giggled, urging me to cup her face in my hands as I eagerly kissed her again. I simply could not get enough.

“They did produce quite a large family by today’s standards,” I murmured against her lips.

“Really?” She playfully tilted her face up and rubbed her nose against mine.

“Seven children.”

Bella giggled again, her eyes dancing. “Not a surprise if he wrote such moving pieces for the piano. Clara sounds like quite the lucky girl.” Her mouth began to trace along my jaw. “But not as lucky as me.” Her playful tone had become quite husky. “My own private virtuoso and patron of the arts. What’s next on the list?”

What I really wanted next was not another session of music appreciation. What I wanted was her, more then anything in the world. Schumann’s talents were bringing out the vixen in Bella. She continued to leave butterfly kisses along my jaw and neck as she awaited my response, yet I was utterly incapacitated by her velvet touch. Once again I was dangerously close to losing control and giving into my wildest desires.

“What’s wrong?” she breathed against my neck, barely breaking her steady stream of kisses to speak. My hands had been safely on her back this entire time, but they suddenly had a mind of their own as they began to drift lower.

“Do you have any idea what you’re doing to me right now?” I took a deep breath, hoping it would help me clear my head. But instead her scent flooded my senses, feeding the inferno that was gaining strength inside of me.

“Let the music overtake you,” she suggested between kisses. “It’s quite a liberating feeling, at least for me. Besides, I trust you.” She lifted her face up so that she could look into my eyes. “You won’t hurt me, Edward. You know that as well as I do.” Her expression matched her tone, both aching with hunger.

At that very moment I almost lost it completely. I thought I had almost lost my self-control several times before with her, but now they paled in comparison. Schumann’s captivating concerto continued to assault my ears; the conviction of her words ringing true in my cold heart. I would never hurt her, would I? Even unintentionally? Surely she would stop me before that would ever happen. And how magnificent would it feel to finally give in and let myself truly love her in every way possible?

But then that small voice of doubt sang out in my head. Even though the chances may be incredibly small, there was still a chance. I wouldn’t be able to live with myself if I hurt her, even unintentionally. It wasn’t worth the risk.

“Bella, I can’t.” I closed my eyes as I spoke those dreaded three words, because I couldn’t bear to see the hurt on her face. “I’m sorry.” I knew my simple apology wasn’t nearly enough, but it was all I had to offer. My arms went around her instantly, holding her as tightly as I dared to my chest.

She didn’t speak right away. I listened carefully to her breathing, praying she wouldn’t cry. It nearly killed me every time I witnessed her crying, particularly when I was the cause. But this time no tears came, just relatively even breathing.

“I understand,” she said simply. Her hands reached up to lose themselves in my hair. “Would it be too much to ask for more musical enlightenment? I really love listening to you tell me about your favorite pieces.” She pushed herself up off of my chest, and I dared to open my eyes. She was gazing down at me, her face angelic and lovely.

“I will never be able to put into words how much I love you.” I spoke with utter conviction, and I wished my actions could show her what words could not. I really didn’t deserve a creature as wondrous as she. Her request bounced around in my head, triggering a plethora of ideas. One in particular caught my attention, as a plan to give Bella the ultimate form of musical enlightenment started to build in my mind. It was all I could do to repress the fast-growing grin that threatened to overtake my face.

http://hiddenbehindthepages.niceboards.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum